Monday, April 12, 2010

Tracey's Second Surgery

Tracey's second arm surgery was a success! It's wonderful how God answers prayer. She will not need the third surgery that the doctor originally told us she would need.

She had no pain this time. They injected a different type of medicine this time, one that wasn't quite so aggressive.




I also did much better! I definitely wasn't as stressed. I was able to find my way around the maze of hospitals, parking garages, and color coded elevators without any problem.

We parked on the "Coral Level" of the parking garage and Tracey spent the night on the floor with the coral colored elevators. Is there anyone besides me that appreciates the irony of this?

Hmph. Maybe not.




Unfortunately my phone couldn't quite capture the assault to your visual senses that occured the moment the elevator doors opened.




Now, a short 2 weeks after the surgery, Tracey has noticed a remarkable difference in her arm. The swelling has decreased considerably and she can twist her wrist further than she's been able to for the past 2.5 years. It doesn't hurt as much when you squeeze or poke her arm.

God definitely answers prayers.

No comments: