Friday, March 11, 2011

What's on my mind

I, along with just about anyone else in the world with TV or Internet access, have been watching in horror at the devastation in Tokyo after the earthquake and resulting tsunami.  The power of water is incredible. 

My really good friend lives in Hawaii and I'm guessing she is okay, since she's been updating on facebook.  Although, she is ignoring my texts. 

****

My high school boys basketball team is RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE playing for the state chamionship.  I so wish I could be there to cheer them on!  Go Eagles.  EKA!!!  I could watch the game on the internet but I am too cheap to pay the $6.  The last text update I got put them ahead by 6...hopefully they're still ahead.

Playing in the state championship game is a BIG deal where I'm from.  A very big deal.

****
Tracey is doing very well as pain goes, but there is a lot of swelling and bruising.  Much more than last time, but I'm chalking that up to a different surgeon.  (Our regular surgeon resigned 2 weeks ago)  Tracey also managed to catch a cold after all this so she's feeling pretty crummy right now.  She will be home this weekend, probably Sunday. 

****
Only 5 more days!!  I can hardly wait til we leave on our mysery trip.  I am no closer to guessing the destination, although I am certain it's not California.  We had a little "incident" in which I learned I could eliminate that entire state from the list of possible destinations. 

****
The fire in Silver City is out and residents were allowed back in their homes on Tuesday night.  Aaron was demob'ed from the fire after Wednesday.  He's back holding the fort at the office- they actually had another fire this morning in the Mimbres Valley, but it's under control now.  It wasn't very big and not near any houses.  Definitely a sneak preview of what the summer could hold for us.  It could be a very busy fire season and likely won't see Aaron much. 

No comments: