Sunday, May 3, 2009

Swine Flu

I know many of you have been anxiously waiting to see my pictures of Lance Armstrong and I'll post them soon. I got a little distracted last night when we rented a movie that turned out to be 3 hours long. It was a good movie, but left me with no time to blog. (the movie was Australia, by the way)

My reason for this post is:

I got a phone call this afternoon telling me that Lordsburg schools were cancelled all week due to the Swine Flu. According to rumor, there is one confirmed case (a student) and three suspected. I'm sure people are absolutely FLIPPING OUT because of this. Great, of all the places it could hit, and it's gotta be a town of 3000 people. So much for my 'it'll never happen to me attitude'.

Normally I would be happy about there being no school for a week...but not this close to the end of the year. We will probably have to make that week up. Grrr...that means going back AFTER Memorial Day.

Totally un-fun.

Guess I will have plenty of time to blog my Lance pictures.

And clean my house. Yep, totally un-fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dayna,
I will be checking your blog every five minutes while I am at work I expect you to keep me entertained all week. I am so sorry!! But just think of how clean your house will be. And all the home-cooked meals you can prepare and ... and.. and just trying to make you feel better. How was Australia-worth renting???Jill

Tiffany said...

Buy your face masks.... ~LOL~ Good luck to you!

Parrothead said...

Yeah... I have a whole week of un-fun planned. I imagine that we will be going after memorial day. I am depressed..

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

I gave you an award on my blog so come by and check it out when you have a minute! :)

PBJ said...

Well at least our houses will get cleaned. I have to much work at school to be home.......