Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Sister's Keeper


I recently read "My Sister's Keeper,"  by Jodi Picoult for my bookclub.  Have I mentioned that I love going to my book club?  Just wondering.

I was worried about the book since it deals with such a hot topic, but surprisingly I made it all the way through the book.  Of course there were tears.  There are always tears.  I blame it on my first born.  Those pregnancy hormonal imbalances that make you all emotional and you cry at the drop of a hat...yeah, it never went away. 

Anyhoodles, I recommend this book to ya'll.  I know there were some people in our group who were unable to finish it due to the subject matter, but I still recommend it. 

Curious? 

Well, in a nutshell it's about a girl who has leukemia and the parents decide to have another child that is genetically chosen to be a perfect match in order to help her sister.  The book catches up to the youngest daughter when she is a teenager and is finally deciding to stand up for herself and not allow her parents to take advantage of her anymore. 

If you've read it leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  Did you like it?  Hate it?  Not be able to finish it?  I'd love to hear from you!!

No comments: