Thursday, February 17, 2011

Welcome to the randomness of my brain.

Okay, here are some random thoughts.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

*We did super good this year and got our taxes done and e-filed about 2 weeks ago.  Then we heard back from them and they had been rejected because the employer ID number was wrong.  We double and triple checked it and it's correct.  So, what does the fabulous IRS advise to do?  SNAIL MAIL them in!  That's right, we had to pay (again!) to do them and print them out to send them in the old fashioned way.  That means we won't get our refund for 7-10 weeks.  Not happy about that, but we'll survive. 

*I have decided to commit to doing P90X this summer.  I really don't have the kind of time right now that it needs so I will wait til school's out this summer.  I am really looking forward to working out hard. 

*Aaron ate his first salad last night.  Yep, you read that right.  FYI- Aaron is my husband, who is almost 31 years old.

*My house is a perpetual disaster...I think I need a maid.  If I had the money I would pay for one, just to at least do my dishes and laundry.  And vacuum. 

* My friend Pami and I have started a book club.  She's the better bookclub member.  She's actually read the books.  I took 2 months to get a copy of "Water for Elephants".  I was too cheap to buy the book, the public library didn't have it, but luckily I carpool with the high school librarian who ordered it and loaned it to me :)  Our book club has strict guidelines (HA!) to join.  Our requirement is that you must live very far away from each other.  heeheee.  At least that's how we justified it.  You see, I live in New Mexico and she lives just a few miles away in Hawaii.  Anyone else like to join?  Illinois?  Australia?  Georgia?  You know who you are ;)  Any book suggestions?

* I love to collect magnets.  I'm not sure how many of them I have, but I do know that only about half of them fit on my fridge.  I am working on getting pictures to share with you.  I gather magnets from all the places I visit and I also shamelessly ask anyone I know who is going somewhere to bring me back a magnet.  I've collect many foreign magnets from places like Denmark, Guam, Australia, New Zealand, Morocco, and some unpronouncable town in South America to name a few. 

* Next weekend we are going to Albuquerque to celebrate my niece's 2nd birthday!!  Such a beautiful, miraculous, tough little girl. 

* I love full moons.  Must be my inner werewolf.  Go Team Jacob!!

Goodnight ya'll.

2 comments:

Mum-me said...

Oh, taxes ..... I leave that to HB.

I don't know what P90X is - sounds technical.

My house is a disaster too, and I don't have to go to work.

I live in Australia and love reading books. Now that my youngest is at school I might actually have time to read. Can I join?

I must not have any werewolf instincts because I dislike full moon - I can't sleep. (Maybe I AM a werewolf?)

Anonymous said...

Dayna, Taxes very sad-this is the last year we can claim a kid as a deduction. It is a very sad moment in my life. I would love to join your book club-I would love to join your book club. A friend is reading a book called The Room-check that one and see if you might like it? I hear you about the library-I don't even hardly use my kindle because $12.99 is too much to pay for a book. Your post made me giggle and the full moon is making these kids nuts so not a fan or at least that is what I am blaming it on. Jill PS I am still looking for a decent Wisconsin magnet.