Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Great weekend!!

My weekend in El Paso was fabulous! It was so refreshing to spend the time with just women. We laughed and giggled about the silliest things until the wee hours of the night. We ate at great restaurants and enjoyed some great bonding time. I learned the finer points of navigating a rather large vehicle in the rather small streets of downtown El Paso. We never got lost...we just took some roundabout ways to get to where we're going. I'm still not used to the way roads are set up in Texas. I always get over too far to the left and then get stuck in the u-turn lane.


Doesn't this picture look like we had great seats? I zoomed in on the jumbo-tron to take this picture. Beth Moore kept moving around and so I didn't get any good pictures of her. Aren't I such a dork?? Check out her blog here to see a great video of pictures from the weekend.


Here is part of the gang at Living Proof Live!!

Olive Garden...one of my most favorite places to eat. I took my usual "tour thru Italy." mmm....tasty.

Ah... yet another fine dining establishment...PF Chang's. Chinese food is a rare treat for me.


On a different subject, we had a 2 hour delay today. Tracey and I did the happy dance. Then EVERYONE in this entire corner of the state had school cancelled except for us. All the Silver teachers had to drive thru Deming to get to work becuz they told us they'd dock us a day of pay if we didn't go to work today. I got to school around 11:15.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dayna-that sounded like things that would happen to Pete and I when we were living and teaching in the frozen North. It drove me crazy!!! I have never eaten at PF Changs-is it as expensive as everyone says? Someday maybe I will get to eat there. Jill