Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer Thinkin'

Today marks the first official day of my summer break.  So far I've spent my day doing great and exciting things like going to the post office and grocery shopping.  We did manage to get to the library which for us, is definitely a summer activity. 

Tracey's life is now going to be consummed with basketball, basketball, and a little volleyball thrown in for good measure.  She has practice-- I mean open gym,  every day until July.  She is playing in the Jesse Darnell 3-3 tournament this weekend, then possibly going to a basketball team camp in Las Cruces next week.  Her schedule makes me tired.

Oh!  and speaking of being tired.  I am going to start P09X on Monday! 

My birthday is coming up next week.  Am I the only adult that gets super excited about their birthday and counts down in their head from a month in advance?? 

Wanna know what I'm getting/have already gotten for my birthday??  Do ya, do ya?  Well I'm gonna show you anyway!
My mommy and daddy got me the Nook color.  I am already in love with it, it's going to be so much fun.  More birthday ideas?....maybe B&N giftcards.  :)


My grandma gave me her FiestaWare dishes.  I've been eyeing them for years and she's finally decided to part with them!  Thank you, thank you.  They make my cupboard so pretty and festive!


Aaron doesn't know it yet, but he's getting me a pair of Keens.  I found some at REI on sale, so those puppies are gonna be on my feet soon!  I never buy my own presents, I prefer to be surprised, plus I don't like to be like that.  But since he's spent almost 30 days out in the wilderness on the fire and will be coming home on my birthday and will have obviously not gotten a chance to buy me something, I thought I would make things easier on him.  :)

Speaking of Aaron, since April 28, he has spent 30 days (well, by the time he comes home next week) on the Miller Fire with only 3 days off.  He is ready for a break.  I was able to talk to him a few days on the satellite phone, but the connection was horrible.  He did tell me he wanted me to plan something fun for us to do cuz he will take 4 days off.  I didn't have the heart (or the connection) to explain to him that we won't be able to.  The girls' ballet recital is that Friday, right in the middle of the 4 days off. 

Well, those are the thoughts swirling around in my head this afternoon.

Oh, another thought.  Everyday, all day the helicopters from the fire fly directly over our house on their way to refuel.  They are dumping water on the fire, you can see the buckets on a couple of them and then one of them has a snorkel to suck the water up into it's belly. 

Anyway, my girls run outside everytime they fly over to see them.  It's their little connection to their daddy.  I am thinking of writing a message on our roof....Aaron Jones we love u!  He isn't in the helicopters, but I know that he has contact with the pilots.  Wouldn't that be funny?  Maybe just to me. 

1 comment:

momnextdoor said...

You should definitely write something on your roof! How awesome would that be!! I know if it was me away from my family, hearing something like that would totally make my day! I vote go for it!!