Friday, February 12, 2010

Houston, Days 2, 3, 4, and 5.

I didn't do much blogging the rest of our trip since I didn't have immediate computer access. So I thought I'd share some images of where we spent the majority of our time in Houston.
Here is Texas Children's Hospital. I can hardly begin to describe this place. Houston Medical Complex is incredible. There's like 10 hospitals all together. So close you don't really know when you've left one hospital and are in another.
I got lost EVERY time I left Tracey's room. All the elevators are color-coded. Just to get from her room to the car I had to get on the PeptoBismol pink elevators, ride them to the gray elevators, get on the gray express elevators, walk to another building, and then find the purple elevators to the correct level of the parking garage. Sheesh. I considered it a major accomplishment when I was finally able to do that without getting lost. Through that white door was where the surgery took place. The doctors and nurses were WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!! Many hours in recovery there. Here is where I texted many of you with updates because I had nothing to do but watch Tracey sleep. The sunrise the next morning from Tracey's room. It was much prettier than my cell phone captured. This is the moment that I finally learned which way was north in this crazy metropolis. (Most days we couldn't see the sun.)
My updates became less frequent as Tracey was more and more alert.
We stayed an extra day to allow Tracey more recovery time. We flew home Thursday afternoon and managed to avoid many of the flight delays that were happening throughout the country that day.
Tracey is home and recovering well. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from so many of you. Thanks for caring.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
We will do this all over again March 31.

No comments: