Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Seeing Spots

I know it's been awhile since I've blogged...so I thought I'd better post something.

So you, my lucky followers get to learn about my mysterious disease.

I had been pretty happy about the fact that I had made it this far thru the winter without getting sick. Everyone else in my family has been sick, tons of people at school are sick; but I had somehow escaped all those dreaded germs.

Until Saturday. I started feeling a little yucky.

Sunday. Yuckier still. I stayed home from church and laid in bed the whole day.

Monday. Despite earlier hopes of making it to work...it wasn't happening. At some point that day I found a flashlight (you scoff, yet you don't live in a house fully of pesky preschoolers and preteens) and peered inside my throat. Sure 'nuff, there were those tell-tale white spots in my throat.
So after dragging to myself to the doctor and listening to some old man get his toenails clipped in the next exam room I got my diagnosis.

Strep-negative.

So what is it?

Doctor doesn't know. Could be this, could be that. We'll send you home with a handfull of prescriptions and come back if things get worse.

Great. Fabulous. A mystery disease.

They referred me to an ENT doctor. But the first appointment they had was in 2 weeks. That'll do me a lot of good. The spots will either be gone, or I'll be dead. Either way it won't matter.

Tuesday- Feeling mildly better. Throat doesn't feel like it has rocks in it.

Wednesday- going to attempt going back to work. We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I hope you are feeling better!