Friday, June 18, 2010

Where We've Been

Greetings from the Land of Lincoln!!!  It's been a loooooooooooooong and humid drive, but at long last we finally made it.  We have had some interesting driving, but no mishaps.  I was worried about staying alert, but that hasn't been a problem at all (thanks for praying). 

In Texas we came through some crazy storms.  The roads were flooded and completely under water in some places.  I had planned on camping in Texas-but there was too much rain!  We wisely stayed in a motel. 
We spent the night in Little Rock at the KOA.  The humidity was intense!
In Tennessee we went to Memphis.  Beale Street and Graceland we our touristy things of the day.  We rode a trolly downtown which was great fun for the little girls.  I wanted to eat in an authentic blues restuarant, but unfortunately most of the places you can't be under 21 to go into and it was too hot to search for one, so we ended up eating at the Hard Rock Cafe.
After Hard Rock we drove to Graceland.  And Elvis took all my money.  The tour was pretty neat, but not $30 worth!  And I don't even like Elvis!  His house was pretty cool and we kept spotting bits and pieces of things that we had read about (only those of you who have read The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan will know what I am talking about...sorry to the rest of you- but you should read the book!) Can I mention again how HUMID it was!  Holy blue suede shoes.
We stayed in Paducah, KY.  That's about all the excitement we had there.  
 
And that brings us to Champaign.  We are staying at my cousin Jill's house.  I will report back with our adventures here.

No comments: