Thursday, May 20, 2010

I heart Pioneer Woman

Ya'll know I don't cook.


The thought of having to cook really sends cold shivers up my spine and causes me to freeze in terror.

Despite this terror, I love reading cookbooks and looking at the pictures. I love watching Food Network and I'm a total Rachael Ray junkie.

But once in a blue moon I get a wild hair to cook something. It usually is met with mixed reactions from my family. Aaron gets scared- cuz he's really picky and I like cooking new and odd things. Tracey enjoys it- she gets to eat something new and fun. The little ones- well, mixed reactions from them.

Last night I ventured into the unknown and made Pioneer Woman's Grilled Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas.

I won't tell you how many times I ran to check her website to make sure I was doing it right. I love her step-by-step recipes with pictures. Almost makes them idiot proof. Almost.

The quesadillas were a success. Success is determined by the percentage of my family who actually consumes my food.

Last night= 100%


Hooray for me!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as an interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog Interviewer.

We'd like to give you the opportunity to give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can be submitted online here Submit your interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas