Friday, May 7, 2010

One of my worst fears

To Whom It May Concern:

I am sooooooooooooooooo sorry for running over your dog. Please accept my apology from the bottom of my heart.

Sincerely,
Dayna


*************************************************************************************
One of my worse fears (besides something happening to the kids) is hitting a dog, or watching a dog get hit by a car. I seriously have some deep rooted issues about this. It stems back to the time when I saw my mother-in-law's dog get run over by a speeding pickup truck.

I will try to go to great lengths to avoid a dog in the road. Whenever I see dogs running in the street my stomach clenches up in knots. I just can't stand it. I don't even want to go running along our road because the dogs go with me and I'm afraid they might get hit by a car.

So last night when my fears came true I was just sick. I cried all the way home.

There were 2 dogs lying in the road- one in each lane. I didn't see the black one (it was nighttime) in my lane until it was too late. And it was a big dog.

I can still hear the sound of my car hitting..... *sniffle*

My only consolation is the fact that the dog was already dead when I ran over it. I would have been a complete emotional wreck if I'd have been the one that killed it.

Last night I dreamed that the dogs were okay.

No comments: